Friday, November 14, 2008

Not nearly enough time...

I am currently home on pass visiting my wonderful wife and children. I did not realize how much I would miss them. I am on my second day of a 4 day pass. I am no where near ready to go back. I know how long it will be until I see them again. My wife does an unbelievable job being both parents when I am gone "playing Army" as we tell the kids. I know she is a strong woman that does not need any help, but I love to be there for her. It hurts when I am not there, it especially hurts when I can hear or see how much life id getting to her and I can't be there. She understands why I must go and supports me to go, but she isn't happy about it. I don't blame her but I very much appreciate her support. I probably don't tell her that enough, what husband really does? I love her more than I could ever express with words but I probably don't tell her that enough either. I have looked forward so much to coming to see her and the kids I have so much needed this visit and enjoyed it. That it is going to hurt to leave more this time than it did when I left last time. I know I am going to miss Thanksgiving, Monsters birthday, Christmas, New years, Valentines day with them. I will see them again hopefully for spring break. It is up to the Army if that happens but I will love them with all my heart no mater what happens.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I'm glad you got to see the family for a little while. I believe that ever bit of contact helps to strengthen the love between you all and in turn give you more strength when you are away. My prayers are with you.