Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Poem That Touched ME

A small and precious child
My Dad's been sent to fight
The only place I'll see his face
Is in my dreams at night

He will be gone too many days
For my young mind to keep track
I may be sad but I am proud
My Daddy's got yout back

I am a caring mother
My son has gone to war
My mind is full of worries
I have never known before

Everyday I try to keep
My thoughts from turning black
I may be scared, but I am proud
My son has got your back

I am a strong and loving wife
My husband too soon to go
There are many times I am terrified
In a way most will never know


I bite my lip and force a smile
As I watch my husband pack

My heart may break but I am proud
My husbands got your back

I am a Soldier (Marine, Airman, Sailor)

Serving proudly, Standing Tall
I fight for freedom, Yours and mine
By Answering this call

I do my job while knowing

The thanks it sometimes lacks
Say a prayer that I'll come ome
It's ME whose got your back

I read this poem tonight. It touched me.

I hope it touches you too......





















2 comments:

Mamalang said...

awww, why you gotta make me cry?

Jan n Jer said...

What a beautiful poem, it is so fitting for tomorrow being Veterens Day. Thank you for serving and protecting our country. May God Bless you.